Bounty balls are mini sweetlings for everyone. Nobody can resist these mini temptations. And the best part? You can have them even if you are gluten or lactose intolerant! Also, these aren’t high on calories making them a really healthy choice for dessert. You can even make them with nuts to pack some extra energy!
Difficulty level: Easy
- Desiccated coconut/freshly grated coconut: 1 cup
- Edible coconut oil: 2 tbsp (You can also use ghee if you aren’t lactose intolerant)
- Honey: 1 tbsp (You can also use sugar if you aren’t worried about the calories)
- Chocolate chips: 2/3 cup
- Mix together the coconut, honey and oil. Mix them well and make small round balls with them. If the balls break, add some more coconut oil to the mixture.
- Place the coconut balls in the freezer for around 15 mins so that the oil/ghee can bind everything together in the low temperature.
- Meanwhile, microwave the chocolate chips so that they melt and let them cool down a bit.
- Now take a fork, place the coconut ball over it, dip it in the chocolate and roll it over so that it gets completely covered with chocolate. Do this with each of the coconut balls until all of them are completely covered in chocolate.
- Pop the chocolate balls back in the freezer for 20 mins.
Your bounty balls are ready to be eaten. You can either consume them the same day or keep them refrigerated for upto 2 weeks for consumption.
Have fun cooking!